Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Who Is Michael Shiels?


Mike is the host of WJIM 1240-AMs morning show, The Big Show. Here is part of his biography from www.golfpodium.com:

Michael Patrick Shiels has covered the world of golf and its major players in print, on radio and on television, and offers behind the scenes tales. Shiels wrote and produced features for ESPN's "Inside the PGA TOUR," and has authored five golf-related books, including "Good Bounces and Bad Liesthe Autobiography of Ben Wright." The revealing collaborative effort with Wright, the former CBS- TV golf analyst, was characterized by the Los Angeles Times as "Possibly the best sports book ever", while the Washington Times wryly compared Shiels and Wright to Hemingway and Fitzgerald.

Comparing Shiels to Hemingway? I found this example of Mikey's writing ability on a local website:

Dear Lucy -
I have distrubed on my honeymoon (and my first vacation in two years) because of the furor caused by your web posting protesting Saul Anuzis guest hosting my WJIM AM 1240 morning radio show.
I'd like to calm everyone down and alert you that Mark Brewer was offered to co-host with Saul, as they do when they debate every Tuesday on the show. There have been plenty of occasions when Mark Brewer was a guest on the show without Saul, as well. In addition, just off the top of my head, we have recently had the following guests on the program" Sen. Carl Levin, Sen. Debbie Stabenow, Cong. Bart Stupak. Cong. Carl Levin, weekly interviews with Michigan Senate Democratic Leader Mark Schauer, State Sen. Gretchen Whitmer, Mayor Virg Bernero, Cong. Dennis Kucnich, State Rep. Ed Clemente, Gov. Jennifer Granholm, weekly interviews with First Gentleman Dan Mulhern, (who was also offered to guest host and has done so in the past), State Sen Gleason, and many more democrats.
I am a non-partisan host...and have worked hard to maintain that position...even abstaining from voting in the primary.
I think, in fairness, I deserve the opportunity for everyone on MichiganLiberal.com to read this.
Thank you.
Michael Patrick Shiels




Non-partisan? Thanks for making me laugh this morning, Mikey!

No comments:

Post a Comment