Saturday, November 15, 2008

I Have A Dream....







Last night I had class in Southfield and instead of making the drive back to Lansing I decided to stay at the local Westin Hotel. I generally sleep very well when I am in a nice Hotel, but for some reason I had this weird dream and it kept me awake. Amy and I were shopping in the Lansing Mall of all places, when we spied John McCain. He was by himself and nobody was bothering him. He was like an old homeless man just wandering around aimlessly taking advantage of the free smells at the Nestle Toll House Cookie kiosk.






We approached Senator McCain and the first words out of his mouth were, "I've just opened a new Hot Dog shop nearby! Wanna try one?" Never being one to turn down an opportunity to try a new restaurant, Amy--armed with her digital camera--was thrilled! He walked us over to his shop--it was empty except for the three of us--slapped on a filthy, grease-stained "Weiner King" apron and proceeded to grill up a few hot dogs...Not the nasty-ass snap-when-you-bite-em Kogel's crap that you find in Michigan, but rather the beautiful Dietz & Watson weiners that I miss so much. Topped with mounds of onions I must admit that McCain made a damn good grillmaster! We talked for awhile, but not about politics. I remember feeling kinda bad that I voted for Obama instead of old Pappy McCain.






Then I woke up. Where is my Psychologist when I need him?

No comments:

Post a Comment