Saturday, May 28, 2011

I would like to welcome the author, who is going to blow the lid off babygate, to The Immoral Minority.

As many of you know I VERY rarely allow guest posts here on IM.  However the author of the upcoming book on babygate, and how the media allowed Sarah Palin to get away with it, asked if I would allow him to post here today.

And so I have. I think you will be very pleased with what he has to share with you.

Ladies and gentlemen, let me present Fred (Last name withheld to keep the flying monkeys at bay for the time being.).

I'd like to thank everyone who responded to Gryphen's post about titles. For everyone who is curious about the progress of the project, I can tell you this: the deadline for having the book to the publisher's legal department is July 1, and I'm hoping it will be available within 6 weeks after that. Yes, it will be available in hardback, paperback, and on all the various eBook services (such as Kindle.) The publisher has already hired a professional publicist and the legwork is being done for the media blitz.

Overall, reading your responses carefully, I see that "The Wild Ride" or some variation of it is the clear winner. Believe it or not, that had not been seriously considered before now, simply because I felt that the reference to the book "The Wind in the Willows" (and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride) was obscure and many people wouldn't get it. People who have followed Babygate for years are cognizant of the reference (I'm fairly sure this was originally one of Audrey of Palin Deception's themes), but this book's title has to be clear and catchy to the general public who have never heard of either Babygate or Mr. Toad. Still, at this point, it's clear that that phrase (or some variation of it) will need to get a much closer look. Rest assured, however, if "The Wild Ride" is not in the actual title, that phrase will be used prominently in the book and will probably be the title of a whole subsection.

The starting point of the book is the pregnancy (of course) but I am delving deeply into the media's handling of the controversy, particularly in the critical early days and weeks after she was tapped for the McCain ticket. A title that refers to the media is important. I agree wholeheartedly also that somehow Palin's name needs to be brought into it. The person who commented contrasting the titles "Blind Allegiance" with "The Lies of Sarah Palin" was spot-on.

Trig's name will not be in the title, nor will there be any reference to "daughter's shame" or anything of that nature. This is Sarah Palin's scam, her lie, her deception, in which she was aided and abetted by both an American media system that failed to do its job and a broken political machine. As much as humanly possible, her children will be left out of the story.

The title is very important and there is a lot to accomplish in ten words or less!

As much as we might all enjoy the inside jokes of some of the snarky titles, we can't go there. Still here are some of my very favorites that unfortunately will not be used (though for some of them you don't know how much I wish!):

"Thanks But No Thanks: The Fallopian Tube to Nowhere" (I truly love this.)
"The Lion, The Witch, and the Fake Pregnancy Wardrobe."
"Instatot: How To Have a Six Pound Baby in Six Easy Weeks"
"Spongetrig Squarepillow"
... and too many more to list.

Thanks again for the all the thoughtful replies.

Fred

This can't be flippin' happening! I'm trying to start a fake political campaign here!


No comments:

Post a Comment