Sunday, June 26, 2011

Everybody's favorite Queen of Quitting inspiration for character of bubbly, somewhat psychotic teacher in Cameron Diaz movie.


Courtesy of the Playlist:

Lucy Punch had some interesting things to say about the inspiration for her character, the neurotic and perpetually chipper teacher Ms. Squirrel. “It was pretty much that character on the page but when I read it, just because of the way she talks, because she’s rather twee and perky. The first person I thought was she seems if Sarah Palin had a little cousin who’s an elementary school teacher. I mentioned it to Jake [Kasdan] and he said, ‘You know, I don’t think that was the intention.’ I don’t know if they’re in there but I threw in a few winks and “you betchas”. That’s just who I had in my head, that energy. Not to say that Sarah Palin is deranged or unhinged,” Punch said.

Thomas Lennon then clarified: “That’s almost exactly what you’re saying.” To which Punch shot back: “I’m talking about her perky energy!”

Yeah I have news for Ms. Punch. Sarah Palin IS deranged and unhinged, it only SEEMS like "perky energy" to the uniitiated.


See?  How is that NOT deranged and unhinged?

By the way, I happened to see "Bad Teacher" last Friday, and I loved it.

Do you know how you see something that makes you laugh, and you think "I am going to hell for this?"  Well this whole movie is like that.

But if you have a truly demented sense of humor, like me, then you will LOVE it!

Here is the trailer.



P.S. This movie has the least sexy fully clothed dry humping scene of all time. Just so you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment